The greatest need for baby (and most expensive) is diapers. Whether mom is planning on using disposable or cloth, she can never have enough diapers. One way to be sure she is showered with diapers is to have a diaper raffle for her. A diaper raffle is fun & easy.
1. Make sure you announce the diaper raffle on the shower invitation. You may also want to ask for a specific size since they are not in newborn diapers for very long. Something like this will work.
It’s a Diaper Raffle! For every diaper you bring, you will be entered into a raffle for a (whatever you want to giveaway.) Size 2 is preferred!
2. Purchase a roll of raffle tickets at your local big box or party store. I found them cheapest at Walmart.
3. Figure out what you’d like to give away. The bigger the better! I raffled off the rest of the shower game prizes for fun along with 2-$25 Olive Garden gift cards that I got for doing a survey.
4. As guests arrive, have them tear off 1 ticket for each diaper they bring. If they bring a case, it will be a lot of tickets. They will think they have a better chance at winning so many will bring cases. Have them put 1/2 of the ticket in something fun. We used mom’s diaper bag to hold the tickets to pull from.
5. At the end of the shower, announce the drawing and start pulling tickets for prizes.
I bet mom has enough diapers to get through several months. My granddaughter is almost 6 months and we still have about 4 cases left.
The best place I have found to buy diapers is Amazon. You can sign up for free for Amazon Mom, use the subscribe & save option and have diapers shipped to your door for around $.12 a diaper. After they ship, if you don’t want them to come again in a month, you can cancel your subscribe & save subscription.
Save an extra 30% with Subscribe & Save and Amazon Mom: Get the standard 15% discount when you sign up for Subscribe & Save delivery. Combine that with an additional 15% savings exclusively for Amazon Mom members on select diapers and wipes, and this item’s current price drops to $30.73 ($0.12 / count) . Subscribe & Save shipping is always free. No fees, no risks, no obligations. See details
Where is your favorite place to buy diapers?